MULTIVARIATE DECOMPOSITION FOR HAZARD RATE MODELS
Article first published online: 9 JUN 2009
© 2009 by American Sociological Association
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 233–263, August 2009
How to Cite
Powers, D. A. and Yun, M.-S. (2009), MULTIVARIATE DECOMPOSITION FOR HAZARD RATE MODELS. Sociological Methodology, 39: 233–263. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9531.2009.01211.x
- Issue published online: 20 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 9 JUN 2009
- 1980. “The Fitting of Exponential Weibull, and Extreme Value Distributions to Complex Survival Data using GLIM. Applied Statistics 29:156–63. , and .
- 1982. “Discrete-Time Methods for the Analysis of Event Histories.” Pp. 61–98 in Sociological Methodology, vol. 12, edited by S.Leinhardt. San Francisco : Jossey-Bass.
- 1972. “Standardization and Component Analysis. Sociological Methods and Research 1:97–135. , and .
- 1975. Statistical Theory of Reliability and Life Testing. New York : Holt, Rinehart and Winston. , and .
- 2006. “Marginal Effects and Extending the Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition for Nonlinear Models,” UK Stata User's Group Meetings 2006 05, Stata Users Group (http://ideas.repec.org/p/boc/usug06/05.html).
- 2007. “Gender Differences in Smoking Behavior. Health Economics 16:895–909. , , and .
- 1973. “Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Variables. Journal of Human Resources 8:436–55.
- 2005. “The Decomposition of Inter-Group Differences in a Logit Model: Extending the Oaxaca-Blinder Approach with an Application to School Enrollment in India. Journal of Economic and Social Measurement 30:279–93. , and .
- Center for Human Resource Research. 1979. The National Longitudinal Survey of Youth Handbook. Columbus , OH : Ohio State University .
- 1971. “White and Black Careers During the First Ten Years of Work Experience: A Simultaneous Consideration of Occupational Status and Income Changes.” Johns Hopkins University Center for Social Organization of Schools Report 76. , , and .
- 1971. “Note on the Decomposition of Differences Between Two Groups.” Johns Hopkins University . Unpublished manuscript. , and .
- 1972. “Regression Models and Life Tables” (with discussion). Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 28:150–63.
- 1993. Standardization and Decomposition of Rates: A User's Manual. Washington , DC : U.S. Government Printing Office.
- 1968. “Patterns of Occupational Mobility Among Negro Men. Demography 5:11–22.
- 1969. “Inheritance of Poverty or Inheritance of Race?” Pp. 85–110 in On Understanding Poverty, edited by D. P.Moynihan. New York : Basic Books.
- 1968. “Socioeconomic Background and Occupational Achievement: Extensions of a Basic Model.” Washington DC : U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. , , and .
- 1993. “The Decline of Private-Sector Unionization and the Gender Wage Gap. Journal of Human Resources 28:279–96. , and .
- 2005. “An Extension of the Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition Technique to Logit and Probit Models. Journal of Economic and Social Measurement 30:295–304.
- 1990. “The Employment of Married Women in the United Kingdom 1970–83.” Econometrica 57:171–99. , and .
- 2004. “Job Mobility in Britain: Are the Scots Different? Evidence from the BHPS. Scottish Journal of Political Economy 51:329–58.
- 1976. “Life Tables with Concomitant Information. Biometrics 32:587–97.
- 1980. “The Analysis of Rates and of Survivorship Using Log-Linear Models. Biometrics 36:299–305.
- 2006. “FAIRLIE: Stata Module to Generate Nonlinear Decomposition of Binary Outcome Differentials,” Statistical Software Components, S456727, Boston College Department of Economics , revised May 26, 2008.
- The Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition for Linear Regression Models. The Stata Journal 8:453–79.
- 1955. “Components of a Difference between Two Rates. Journal of the American Statistical Association 50:1168–94.
- 1981. “Covariance Analysis of Censored Survival Data Using Log-Linear Analysis Techniques. Journal of the American Statistical Association 76:231–40. , and .
- 2004. “Bayesian Posterior Predictive Checks for Complex Models. Sociological Methods and Research 32:301–35. , and .
- 1988. “Employers’ Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination. Journal of Human Resources 23:279–95.
- 1998. “Discrimination and Detailed Decomposition in a Logit Model. Economics Letters 61:115–20.
- 1973. “Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets. International Economic Review 14:693–709.
- 1988. “Searching for the Effect of Unionism on the Wages of Union and Nonunion Workers. Journal of Labor Research 9:139–48. , and .
- 1994. “On Discrimination and the Decomposition of Wage Differentials. Journal of Econometrics 61:5–21. , and .
- 1999. “Identification in Detailed Wage Decompositions. Review of Economics and Statistics 81:154–57. , and .
- 2008. “A Oaxaca-Blinder Decomposition for Count Data Models. Applied Economics Letters, 1–5, iFirst. , and .
- 2001. “Unobserved Family Effects on the Risk of a First Premarital Birth. Social Science Research 30:1–24.
- 2005. “Effects of Family Structure on the Risk of First Premarital Birth in the Presence of Correlated Unmeasured Family Effects. Social Science Research 34:511–37.
- R Development Core Team. 2005. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna , Austria : R Foundation for Statistical Computing. Retrieved June 4, 2008 (http://www.R-project.org).
- 2003. “A Bayesian Approach to Decomposing Wage Differentials. Economics Letters 78:431–36. , and .
- 1973. Linear Statistical Inference and Its Applications. New York : Wiley.
- 1980. “The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures. Econometrica 48:613–25.
- 1982. “Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components. Econometrica 50:193–212.
- 2008. “The Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition for Nonlinear Regression Models. Stata Journal 8:480–92. , , and .
- 1996. “A Decomposition of Trends in Nonmarital Fertility Ratios of Blacks and Whites in the United States, 1960–1992.” Demography 33:141–51. , , and .
- 2004. “Understanding Racial Differences in Marital Disruption: Recent Trends and Explanations. Journal of Marriage and Family 66:239–50. , and .
- 2004. “A Decomposition of Trends in Poverty Among Children of Immigrants. Demography 41:649–70. , , and .
- 1991. “Structural Change and the Aggregate Poverty Rate. Demography 28:323–32.
- 1971. “Components of Negro-White Income Differences.” Presented at a meeting of the American Statistical Association, Social Statistics Section: 6–8. , and .
- 1993. “Family Structure and the Risk of a Premarital Birth. American Sociological Review 58:210–32. , and .
- 2000. “Race Differences in Family Experience and Early Sexual Initiation: Dynamic Models of Family Structure and Family Change. Journal of Marriage and the Family 63:682–96. , and .
- 2004. “Decomposing Differences in the First Moment. Economics Letters 82:275–80.
- 2005a. “Hypothesis Tests when Decomposing Differences in the First Moment. Journal of Economic and Social Measurement 30:305–19.
- 2005b. “A Simple Solution to the Identification Problem in Detailed Wage Decompositions. Economic Inquiry 43:766–72.