This research was supported by the U.S. National Institute of Mental Health (R03MH067598-02). I thank Joan Repaal, Christopher Rolphs, and Robert Rosenheck for their assistance in gaining access to the data. I also would like to thank participants in the Eighth Workshop on Costs and Assessments in Psychiatry, sponsored by the International Center of Mental Health Policy and Economics; participants in the 16th International Meeting of the Psychometric Society for their helpful comments and suggestions on earlier versions; and the editor and three anonymous reviewers for their substantive comments and suggestions. Direct correspondence to Elizabeth Savoca, Smith College, Northampton, MA 01063; e-mail: Esavoca@smith.edu.
ACCOUNTING FOR MISCLASSIFICATION BIAS IN BINARY OUTCOME MEASURES OF ILLNESS: THE CASE OF POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER IN MALE VETERANS
Version of Record online: 14 JUN 2011
© 2011 by American Sociological Association
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 49–76, August 2011
How to Cite
Savoca, E. (2011), ACCOUNTING FOR MISCLASSIFICATION BIAS IN BINARY OUTCOME MEASURES OF ILLNESS: THE CASE OF POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER IN MALE VETERANS. Sociological Methodology, 41: 49–76. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9531.2011.01239.x
- Issue online: 9 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 JUN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!