This paper was written while the author was a consultant in residence at the Netherlands Institute for Preventive Medicine, Leiden. For their general encouragement and the opportunity to pursue this topic I will always be grateful.
MEDICINE AS AN INSTITUTION OF SOCIAL CONTROL *
Article first published online: 5 AUG 2011
The Sociological Review
Volume 20, Issue 4, pages 487–504, November 1972
How to Cite
Zola, I. K. (1972), MEDICINE AS AN INSTITUTION OF SOCIAL CONTROL . The Sociological Review, 20: 487–504. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-954X.1972.tb00220.x
It was presented at the Medical Sociology Conference of the British Sociological Association at Weston-Super-Mare in November 1971. My special thanks for their extensive editorial and substantive comments go to Egon Bittner, Mara Sanadi, Alwyn Smith, and Bruce Wheaton.
- Issue published online: 5 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 5 AUG 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!