The Japanese hikikomori phenomenon: acute social withdrawal among young people
Version of Record online: 18 APR 2008
© 2008 The Author. Journal compilation © 2008 The Editorial Board of The Sociological Review
The Sociological Review
Volume 56, Issue 2, pages 309–325, May 2008
How to Cite
Furlong, A. (2008), The Japanese hikikomori phenomenon: acute social withdrawal among young people. The Sociological Review, 56: 309–325. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-954X.2008.00790.x
- Issue online: 18 APR 2008
- Version of Record online: 18 APR 2008
- Received 23 May 2007Finally accepted 7 January 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!