We are particularly grateful to Peter Bearman for his comments. Additional assistance came from Joshua Baron, Colin Deval, Robert Faulkner, Daniel Geffen, Robert Jervis, Jonathan Monten, Tammy Smith, Charles Tilly, Quentin van Dooselaare, and Kenneth Waltz. The three anonymous referees at Sociological Theory gave comments that were both incisive and extremely useful, for which we are also grateful. We divide responsibility for the remaining errors. Address correspondence to: Emily Erikson, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Department of Sociology, Thompson Hall, Amherst, MA 01003–7525. Tel.: +413-545-4969; Fax: +413-545-0746; E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central Authority and Order*
Article first published online: 21 AUG 2007
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 245–267, September 2007
How to Cite
Erikson, E. and Parent, J. M. (2007), Central Authority and Order. Sociological Theory, 25: 245–267. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9558.2007.00307.x
- Issue published online: 21 AUG 2007
- Article first published online: 21 AUG 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!