We are particularly grateful to Peter Bearman for his comments. Additional assistance came from Joshua Baron, Colin Deval, Robert Faulkner, Daniel Geffen, Robert Jervis, Jonathan Monten, Tammy Smith, Charles Tilly, Quentin van Dooselaare, and Kenneth Waltz. The three anonymous referees at Sociological Theory gave comments that were both incisive and extremely useful, for which we are also grateful. We divide responsibility for the remaining errors. Address correspondence to: Emily Erikson, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Department of Sociology, Thompson Hall, Amherst, MA 01003–7525. Tel.: +413-545-4969; Fax: +413-545-0746; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Central Authority and Order*
Version of Record online: 21 AUG 2007
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 245–267, September 2007
How to Cite
Erikson, E. and Parent, J. M. (2007), Central Authority and Order. Sociological Theory, 25: 245–267. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9558.2007.00307.x
- Issue online: 21 AUG 2007
- Version of Record online: 21 AUG 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!