Address correspondence to: Jennifer Earl, Department of Sociology, University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9430. Tel.: 805-893-7471; Fax: (805) 893-3324. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank Alan Schussman for his technical and programming support and Kim Caplan for help in preliminary coding. We also acknowledge the generous financial support of the following: the National Science Foundation (Award SES-0547990), the Institute for Social, Behavioral, and Economic Research's Faculty Research Grant Program at the University of California, Santa Barbara; the Academic Senate Faculty Research Grant Program at the University of California, Santa Barbara; and the Regents Junior Faculty Fellowship Program at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Movement Societies and Digital Protest: Fan Activism and Other Nonpolitical Protest Online*
Version of Record online: 9 SEP 2009
© American Sociological Association
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 220–243, September 2009
How to Cite
Earl, J. and Kimport, K. (2009), Movement Societies and Digital Protest: Fan Activism and Other Nonpolitical Protest Online. Sociological Theory, 27: 220–243. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9558.2009.01346.x
- Issue online: 9 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 9 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!