The research for this paper was part of the project ‘Null subjects and the structure of parametric theory’, funded by the AHRC. The following persons helped me with the data, either relying on their own intuitions or by collecting data from unnamed informants: David Adger, Ricardo Bermudez-Otero, Peter Biskup, Ilhan Cagri, Anna Cardinaletti, Aniko Csirmaz, Girma Awgichew Demeke, Abdelkader Fassi Fehri, Kook-Hee Gill, Mayumi Hosono, Atakan Ince, Patricia Jablonska, Nader Jahangiri, K.A. Jayaseelan, Marit Julien, Katalin É. Kiss, Dimitra Kolliakou, Aniko Liptak, Ove Lorentz, Pascual Masullo, Mohsen Mubaraki, Makiko Mukai, Ur Shlonsky, Michelle Sheehan, K.V. Subbarao, Balasz Suranyi, David Willis, Nianling Yang, Winnie Yiu. Thanks also to Ian Roberts, Theresa Biberauer, Chris Johns, the audiences at NELS 35 and the Cambridge Workshop on Null Subjects October 2004, and especially to two anonymous referees for Studia Linguistica.
Null subjects and polarity focus*
Version of Record online: 14 NOV 2007
Volume 61, Issue 3, pages 212–236, December 2007
How to Cite
Holmberg, A. (2007), Null subjects and polarity focus. Studia Linguistica, 61: 212–236. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9582.2007.00135.x
- Issue online: 14 NOV 2007
- Version of Record online: 14 NOV 2007
- Received January 1, 2006 Accepted December 30, 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!