Comparative Sacred Texts and Interactive Interpretation: Another Alternative to the “World Religions” Class
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Teaching Theology & Religion
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 37–49, January 2009
How to Cite
Patton, L. L., Robbins, V. K. and Newby, G. D. (2009), Comparative Sacred Texts and Interactive Interpretation: Another Alternative to the “World Religions” Class. Teaching Theology & Religion, 12: 37–49. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9647.2008.00479.x
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2009
- 1999. A Dialogue: Hindu-Christian Cosmology and Religion. New Delhi: Somaiya Publications. , and , eds.
- 2006. “Karma Yoga and Christian Ethics: Reading Bhagavad Gita 3 in Light of Ephesians 4–6.” In Song Divine: Christian Commentaries on the Bhagavad Gita. Leuven: Peeters Press.
- 1994. Theology After Vedanta: An Experiment in Comparative Theology. Albany, N.Y.: State University of New York Press.
- 1996. Seeing Through Texts: Doing Theology Among the Srivaisnavas of South India. Albany, N.Y.: State University of New York Press.
- 2001. “Universal Revisited: Human Behaviors and Cultural Variations. Numen 48, no. 3: 276–289.
- 2004. “Comparison in the Study of Religion.” In New Approaches to the Study of Religion Volume 2: Textual, Comparative, Sociological, and Cognitive Approaches. Berlin: Verlag de Gruyter.
- 2000. “Fire, the Kali Yuga, and Textual Reading. Journal of the American Academy of Religion 68, no. 4: 805–816.
- 1996. Exploring the Texture of Texts: A Guide to Socio-Rhetorical Interpretation. Harrisburg, Pa.: Trinity Press.
- 2003. “A Prolegomenon to the Relation of the Qur’an and the Bible.” In Bible and Qur’an: Essays in Scriptural Intertetextuality. Atlanta, Ga.: Society of Biblical Literature. and .
- 2001. “Comparison: Some Suggestions for Improving the Inevitable. Numen 48, no. 3: 267–275.