Learning to Drink Deeply from Books: Using Experiential Assignments to Teach Concepts
Article first published online: 4 APR 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Teaching Theology & Religion
Volume 14, Issue 2, pages 137–155, April 2011
How to Cite
Burlein, A. (2011), Learning to Drink Deeply from Books: Using Experiential Assignments to Teach Concepts. Teaching Theology & Religion, 14: 137–155. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9647.2011.00691.x
- Issue published online: 4 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2011
- 1999. Gender Trouble: Feminism and the Subversion of Identity. New York, N.Y.: Routledge. .
- 2005. Pluralism. Durham, N.C.: Duke University Press. .
- 1984. Kant's Critical Philosophy, translated by Hugh Tomlinson and Barbara Habberjam. Minneapolis, Minn.: University of Minnesota Press. .
- 1986. Embracing Contraries: Explorations in Learning and Teaching. New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press. .
- 1972. The Archaeology of Language, tanslated by A. M. Sheridan Smith. New York, N.Y.: Vintage Press. .
- 1978. History of Sexuality: An Introduction, translated by Robert Hurley. New York, N.Y.: Vintage. .
- 1983. “The Subject and Power.” In Michel Foucault: Beyond Structuralism and Hermeneutics, Hubert L. Dreyfus and Paul Rabinow. Chicago, Ill.: University of Chicago Press. .
- 1997. Ethics: Subjectivity and Truth. Essential Works of Foucault, Volume One, edited by PaulRabinow, translated by Robert Hurley et al. New York, N.Y.: The New Press. .
- 2000. Power: Essential Works of Foucault, Volume Three, edited by JamesFaubion, translated by Robert Hurley, et al. New York, N.Y.: The New Press. .
- 2000. Pedagogy of the Oppressed. Thirtieth Anniversary Edition. New York, N.Y.: Continuum. .
- 2009. “Teaching for Religious Literacy. Teaching Theology and Religion 12, no. 3: 208–221. .
- 1971. Selections from the Prison Notebooks. Edited and translated by Quintin Hoare and Geoffrey Nowell Smith. New York, N.Y.: International Publishers. .
- 1990 “Playfulness, World-Traveling, and Loving Perception.” In Making Face, Making Soul, edited by GloriaAnzaldua, 390–402. San Francisco, Calif.: Aunt Lute Press. .
- 1994. On the Genealogy of Morality, edited by KeithAnsell-Pearson, translated by Carol Diethe. New York, N.Y.: Cambridge University Press. .
- 1982. Imagining Religion: From Babylon to Jonestown. Chicago, Ill.: University of Chicago.