This article is based on doctoral fieldwork that was made possible by grants from the Romanian Cultural Institute and Marie Curie SocAnth. I would like to express my gratitude to Daniel Miller, Matthew Engelke, Annelies Moors, Catherine Alexander, Janine Su, Besim Can Zırh, and the four anonymous reviewers for the JRAI for their helpful comments on my work. Drafts of this article were presented at the Research Seminars in Material, Visual and Digital Culture (UCL) and the 2010 American Anthropological Association Meeting. I would like to thank all those who engaged critically with them.
Rethinking fakes, authenticating selves
Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
© Royal Anthropological Institute 2012
Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute
Volume 18, Issue 4, pages 846–863, December 2012
How to Cite
Crăciun, M. (2012), Rethinking fakes, authenticating selves. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute, 18: 846–863. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9655.2012.01795.x
- Issue published online: 5 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!