This article is based on doctoral fieldwork that was made possible by grants from the Romanian Cultural Institute and Marie Curie SocAnth. I would like to express my gratitude to Daniel Miller, Matthew Engelke, Annelies Moors, Catherine Alexander, Janine Su, Besim Can Zırh, and the four anonymous reviewers for the JRAI for their helpful comments on my work. Drafts of this article were presented at the Research Seminars in Material, Visual and Digital Culture (UCL) and the 2010 American Anthropological Association Meeting. I would like to thank all those who engaged critically with them.
Rethinking fakes, authenticating selves
Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2012
© Royal Anthropological Institute 2012
Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute
Volume 18, Issue 4, pages 846–863, December 2012
How to Cite
Crăciun, M. (2012), Rethinking fakes, authenticating selves. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute, 18: 846–863. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9655.2012.01795.x
- Issue online: 5 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!