I would like to thank my colleagues Niko Besnier, Lotte Hoek, Birgit Meyer, Annemarie Mol, and Johan Roeland for their comments on earlier drafts of this article, and express my gratitude to Matthew Engelke and the anonymous reviewers from the JRAI for their valuable suggestions for improving the manuscript.
Genuinely made up: camp, baroque, and other denaturalizing aesthetics in the cultural production of the real
Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
© Royal Anthropological Institute 2012
Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute
Volume 18, Issue 4, pages 864–883, December 2012
How to Cite
van de Port, M. (2012), Genuinely made up: camp, baroque, and other denaturalizing aesthetics in the cultural production of the real. Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute, 18: 864–883. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9655.2012.01796.x
- Issue published online: 5 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!