The research reported here was carried out as part of my PhD, which, in turn, forms part of the AHRB-funded Quantitative Methods in Language Classification Project (grant AN 6720/APN 12536). I would like to thank the project team, April McMahon, Robert McMahon, and Paul Heggarty, for their extremely helpful advice, and unfailing encouragement. I would also like to express my gratitude to the pupils in four secondary schools in Sheffield, and to the French and Polish speakers, for their willingness to participate in my study, and to two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments.
Lexicostatistics away from the armchair: handling people, props and problems1
Version of Record online: 13 JUL 2005
Transactions of the Philological Society
Volume 103, Issue 2, pages 221–242, August 2005
How to Cite
Slaska, N. (2005), Lexicostatistics away from the armchair: handling people, props and problems. Transactions of the Philological Society, 103: 221–242. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-968X.2005.00152.x
Additional material can be found at http://philsoc.org.uk/transactions.asp.
- Issue online: 13 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 13 JUL 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!