Parts of the research reported in this paper have been conducted within the AHRC project ‘Clitics, pronouns and agreement in Bantu and Romance’ (B/RG/AN8675/APN16312). We are grateful to the AHRC for supporting this study, as well as to the British Academy for providing funding for an International Network project on ‘Bantu grammar: theory and description’ between the University of Leiden, ZAS Berlin and SOAS, from which we have immensely benefited. We are furthermore deeply indebted to our language consultants, Rehema Ngowi, Mutale Nyerenda, Deograssia Ramadhani, Zelda Sam, Clara Simango, Wakumelo Sindano, and to Denis Creissels, Katherine Demuth, Jekura Kavari, Ruth Kempson, Malin Petzell, Devyani Sharma, and two anonymous TPhS reviewers, as well as to audiences at the University of Addis Ababa, the Linguistic Society of Southern Africa, the University of Zambia, the Johan-Wolfgang-Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, the University of KwaZulu-Natal, and SOAS, where we have presented parts of this study, for comments and suggestions. All mistakes and shortcomings remain, of course, our own.
Parameters of morphosyntactic variation in Bantu1
Version of Record online: 26 OCT 2007
Transactions of the Philological Society
Volume 105, Issue 3, pages 253–338, November 2007
How to Cite
Marten, L., Kula, N. C. and Thwala, N. (2007), Parameters of morphosyntactic variation in Bantu. Transactions of the Philological Society, 105: 253–338. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-968X.2007.00190.x
- Issue online: 26 OCT 2007
- Version of Record online: 26 OCT 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!