The author wishes to thank Professors Jagdish Bhagwati, Jonathan Eaton, Koichi Hamada, Elhanan Helpman and Anthony Venables for their encouragement and insightful suggestions on this project. I am especially grateful to an anonymous referee for detailed comments which made the paper much more readable to a wider audience. For their useful suggestions I also thank Masahiro Endoh, Hideki Funatsu, Taiji Furusawa, Makoto Ikema, Jota Ishikawa, Jiandong Ju, Jim Markusen, Kaz Miyagiwa, Hodaka Morita, Ray Riezman, Chisato Shibayama, Kenji Yamamoto and other seminar participants at ACE conference 2007 (City University of Hong Kong), Hitotsubashi University, Kobe University, Otaru University of Commerce, University of Otago and the Midwest International Meetings 2007 (University of Minnesota). The usual disclaimer applies.
International Labour Standards and North–South Competition
Article first published online: 8 JUL 2009
© 2009 The Author. Journal compilation © Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The World Economy
Special Issue: ISSUES ON ASIA'S FINANCE AND TRADE
Volume 32, Issue 7, pages 1091–1114, July 2009
How to Cite
Zhao, L. (2009), International Labour Standards and North–South Competition. World Economy, 32: 1091–1114. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9701.2009.01195.x
- Issue published online: 8 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 8 JUL 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!