This work was funded by the Italian Ministry of Research (FIRB 2004 project on: Research and entrepreneurship in the knowledge-based economy). Financial support from the Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM) at Scuola Superiore S.Anna of Pisa, Italy, is also gratefully acknowledged. We are grateful to Roberto Monducci, Andrea Mancini, Alessandro Zeli and Roberto Sanzo at the Industrial Statistics Office of Italy’s National Bureau of Statistics (ISTAT). We also thank Giovanni Dosi, Angelo Secchi and Marco Grazzi at LEM for providing access to firm-level data under a confidentiality agreement. We thank Antonello Zanfei for some useful discussions at an earlier stage of this research. Comments from the participants at seminars and workshops in Pisa, Perugia, Nottingham and Madrid, as well as from two anonymous referees, are gratefully acknowledged. The usual disclaimers apply.
Firms in International Trade: Importers’ and Exporters’ Heterogeneity in Italian Manufacturing Industry
Article first published online: 22 MAR 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The World Economy
Special Issue: Symposium: International Activities and Firm Performance
Volume 33, Issue 3, pages 424–457, March 2010
How to Cite
Castellani, D., Serti, F. and Tomasi, C. (2010), Firms in International Trade: Importers’ and Exporters’ Heterogeneity in Italian Manufacturing Industry. World Economy, 33: 424–457. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9701.2010.01262.x
- Issue published online: 22 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 22 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!