We are grateful to Chad Bown, Simon Evenett, Bernard Hoekman, Patrick Messerlin, Håkan Nordström and an anonymous referee and participants at the CEPR–World Bank Conference on State Measures Taken during the Crisis for very helpful suggestions on an earlier version. We would also like to thank the World Bank and the Swiss Network for International Studies for their financial support. We are obviously also indebted to the British rock band Deep Purple for their great music and the title of their song: ‘Smoke on the Water’. Nevertheless, the views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of Deep Purple, or the institutions with which the authors are affiliated.
Smoke in the (Tariff) Water
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The World Economy
Volume 34, Issue 2, pages 248–264, February 2011
How to Cite
Foletti, L., Fugazza, M., Nicita, A. and Olarreaga, M. (2011), Smoke in the (Tariff) Water. World Economy, 34: 248–264. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9701.2010.01318.x
- Issue published online: 20 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!