We thank the participants to the ATR (Brunico, September 2009), IATE (Chang Mai, December 2009) and ERSA (Jönköping, August 2010) Conferences for their comments and suggestions. We also thank Manuela Deidda for excellent research assistance. Finally, our thanks are due to the two anonymous referees, who read a previous draft of this article, for their helpful comments and suggestions.
Tourism and Development: A Recent Phenomenon Built on Old (Institutional) Roots?
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The World Economy
Volume 34, Issue 3, pages 444–472, March 2011
How to Cite
Brau, R., Di Liberto, A. and Pigliaru, F. (2011), Tourism and Development: A Recent Phenomenon Built on Old (Institutional) Roots?. World Economy, 34: 444–472. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9701.2010.01320.x
- Issue online: 17 MAR 2011
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!