This paper is financially supported by the JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B) No. 21330074 and (S) No. 20223003. The first and fourth authors would also like to thank the financial support by the Ohira Foundation. The paper is partly based on the research at the Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI). We wish to thank Takatoshi Ito, Eiji Ogawa, Akira Kohsaka, Paul De Grauwe, Masanaga Kumakura, Tilak Abeysinghe, Jie Zhang, Shigeyuki Abe, Fumiharu Mieno, the anonymous referees and participants of SCAPE seminar at National University of Singapore (4 November 2010) for their helpful comments on the earlier version of this paper.
Article first published online: 8 APR 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
The World Economy
Special Issue: MONETARY INTEGRATION AND EXCHANGE RATE REGIMES IN EAST ASIA
Volume 35, Issue 4, pages 419–443, April 2012
How to Cite
Sato, K., Shimizu, J., Shrestha, N. and Zhang, Z. (2012), New Estimates of the Equilibrium Exchange Rate: The Case for the Chinese Renminbi. World Economy, 35: 419–443. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9701.2012.01444.x
- Issue published online: 8 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 8 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!