The Mythic Reality of the Autonomous Individual with John A. Teske, “Editorial Overview”; Edwin C. Laurenson, “Agency, Freedom, and the Blessings of Opacity”; Phillip Cary, “Philosophical and Religious Origins of the Private Inner Self”; Anindita N. Balslev, “The Enigma of I-Consciousness”; Lene Arnett Jensen, “The Cultural Development of Three Fundamental Moral Ethics”; Amy Banks, “Developing the Capacity to Connect”; John A. Teske, “Externalism, Relational Selves, and Redemptive Relationships”; Kenneth J. Gergen, “From Moral Autonomy to Relational Responsibility”; Steven L. Winter, “Reimagining Democratic Theory for Social Individuals”
PHILOSOPHICAL AND RELIGIOUS ORIGINS OF THE PRIVATE INNER SELF
Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2011
© 2011 by the Joint Publication Board of Zygon
Volume 46, Issue 1, pages 121–134, March 2011
How to Cite
Cary, P. (2011), PHILOSOPHICAL AND RELIGIOUS ORIGINS OF THE PRIVATE INNER SELF. Zygon, 46: 121–134. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9744.2010.01153.x
- Issue online: 22 FEB 2011
- Version of Record online: 22 FEB 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!