A much earlier version of this article was presented at a conference on “Work and Recognition”, Macquarie University, 2007. I am grateful to Nicholas Smith and Jean-Philippe Deranty for inviting me to that conference, and I owe special thanks to Catriona Mackenzie for her thorough and thoughtful comments. I am also grateful to the participants, especially Axel Honneth and Paul Redding, for their very helpful critical remarks. I owe a lot of thanks to Robin Celikates, Gijs van Donselaar, Stefan Gosepath, Govert den Hartogh, and to Jeff Reiman for their extended criticism of earlier versions of the article. Finally, I am very much in debt to two anonymous reviewers for this journal for their immensely detailed and constructive comments.
Meaningful Work: Arguments from Autonomy*
Article first published online: 8 SEP 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Journal of Political Philosophy
Volume 20, Issue 1, pages 71–93, March 2012
How to Cite
ROESSLER, B. (2012), Meaningful Work: Arguments from Autonomy. Journal of Political Philosophy, 20: 71–93. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9760.2011.00408.x
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 8 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!