Paolo Ghirardato, Collegio Carlo Alberto, Via Real Collegio 30, 10024 Moncalieri (TO), Italy (email@example.com). Jonathan N. Katz, DHSS (228-77), California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Indecision Theory: Weight of Evidence and Voting Behavior
Version of Record online: 8 AUG 2006
Journal of Public Economic Theory
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 379–399, August 2006
How to Cite
GHIRARDATO, P. and KATZ, J. N. (2006), Indecision Theory: Weight of Evidence and Voting Behavior. Journal of Public Economic Theory, 8: 379–399. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9779.2006.00269.x
A more extended version of this paper, discussing some extensions of the model presented here, is available as Caltech Social Science Working Paper No. 1106R with the title “Indecision Theory: Quality of Information and Voting Behavior.” We are very grateful to Alessandro Lizzeri for many detailed comments, and to Doug Bernheim, Peter Bossaerts, Colin Camerer, Tim Feddersen, Michel Le Breton, Tom Palfrey, Ken Shotts, John Conley, and two referees, and to audiences at Caltech, UCLA, the Department of Political Science at UC-San Diego, the 1999 Wallis Conference on Political Economy, and the 2001 SITE Conference for helpful comments and discussion. Jonathan Katz thanks the John M. Olin Foundation for a Faculty Fellowship supporting his research. URLs: http://web.econ.unito.it/gma/ghiro.html and http://jkatz.caltech.edu.
- Issue online: 8 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 8 AUG 2006
- Received July 25, 2003; Accepted April 5, 2005.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!