Sanna Tenhunen, The Finnish Centre for Pensions. Matti Tuomala, Department of Economics, University of Tampere, FI-33014 University of Tampere, Finland (Matti.Tuomala@uta.fi).
On Optimal Lifetime Redistribution Policy
Article first published online: 20 JAN 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Public Economic Theory
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 171–198, February 2010
How to Cite
TENHUNEN, S. and TUOMALA, M. (2010), On Optimal Lifetime Redistribution Policy. Journal of Public Economic Theory, 12: 171–198. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9779.2009.01452.x
We would like to thank the Editors Helmuth Cremer and Pierre Pestieau, two anonymous referees, Thomas Aronsson, Thomas Gaube, Luca Micheletto, and Jukka Pirttilä for very helpful comments.
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 20 JAN 2010
- Received November 12, 2007; Accepted December 8, 2008.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Dynamic nonlinear income taxation with quasi-hyperbolic discounting and no commitment, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2015, 109, 101, ,
- 2Socially optimal contribution rate and cap in a proportional (DC) pension system, Portuguese Economic Journal, 2015,,
- 3Optimal taxes and pensions with myopic agents, Social Choice and Welfare, 2014, 42, 3, 597,
- 4On the design of an optimal non-linear tax/pension system with habit formation, International Tax and Public Finance, 2013, 20, 3, 485, ,
- 5Myopia, redistribution and pensions, European Economic Review, 2011, 55, 2, 165, ,