Yan Chen and Yong-Mi Kim, School of Information, University of Michigan, 1075 Beal Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2112 (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). Teck-Hua Ho, Hass School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720-1900 (email@example.com).
Knowledge Market Design: A Field Experiment at Google Answers
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2010
© 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Public Economic Theory
Volume 12, Issue 4, pages 641–664, August 2010
How to Cite
CHEN, Y., HO, T.-H. and KIM, Y.-M. (2010), Knowledge Market Design: A Field Experiment at Google Answers. Journal of Public Economic Theory, 12: 641–664. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9779.2010.01468.x
We thank Nancy Kotzian, Sherry Xin Li, Drago Radev, Paul Resnick, Soo Young Rieh, Yesim Orhun, Hal Varian, Lise Vesterlund, Jingjing Zhang, two anonymous referees, and seminar participants at Michigan, Yahoo! Research and the 2006 North America Regional Meetings of the Economic Science Association (Tucson, AZ) for helpful discussions; Maurita Holland for giving us access to the Internet Public Library database; and Alexandra Achen, Tahereh Sadeghi, Xinzheng Shi, and Benjamin Taylor for excellent research assistance. Chen gratefully acknowledges the financial support from the National Science Foundation through grant no. IIS-0325837. Any remaining errors are our own.
- Issue published online: 19 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2010
- Received November 24, 2008; Accepted August 28, 2009.
This article has been cited by:
- 1A Dollar for Your Thoughts: Feedback-Conditional Rebates on eBay, Management Science, 2015, 61, 9, 2052, ,
- 2Online field experiments: a selective survey of methods, Journal of the Economic Science Association, 2015, 1, 1, 29, ,
- 3Open Source Technology, 2015,,
- 4A day without a search engine: an experimental study of online and offline searches, Experimental Economics, 2014, 17, 4, 512, , ,
- 5Crowdsourcing with All-Pay Auctions: A Field Experiment on Taskcn, Management Science, 2014, 60, 8, 2020, , , ,
- 6Social preferences? Google Answers!, Games and Economic Behavior, 2014, 85, 188,
- 7Social Software and the Evolution of User Expertise, 2013,,
- 8Assessing the dynamic behavior of online Q&A knowledge markets: A system dynamics approach, Program: electronic library and information systems, 2012, 46, 3, 341, , , ,
- You have free access to this content9
- 11Leveraging the network information for evaluating answer quality in a collaborative question answering portal, Social Network Analysis and Mining, 2012, 2, 3, 197, ,
- 12Research Trends of the Credibility of Information in Social Q&A, Journal of the Korean Society for information Management, 2012, 29, 2, 135,
- 13Next Generation Search Engines, 2012,, , ,
- 14Quora.com: Another Place for Users to Ask Questions, Behavioral & Social Sciences Librarian, 2011, 30, 3, 176,
- You have free access to this content15
- 16Task Design, Motivation, and Participation in Crowdsourcing Contests, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 2011, 15, 4, 57, , ,