Voting on Punishment Systems within a Heterogeneous Group
Article first published online: 26 SEP 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Public Economic Theory
Volume 13, Issue 5, pages 661–693, October 2011
How to Cite
NOUSSAIR, C. N. and TAN, F. (2011), Voting on Punishment Systems within a Heterogeneous Group. Journal of Public Economic Theory, 13: 661–693. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9779.2011.01516.x
We thank Luc Bissonnette for technical support and CentER at Tilburg University for financial support. We also thank participants at Jinan University, the PET workshop on public economics, the 2008 ESA European meeting, the 2008 NAKE research day, the CESifo Venice Summer Institute Workshop on Behavioral Public Economics, the GSS interdisciplinary workshop at CentER, as well as Wieland Müller, Nikos Nikiforakis, Owen Powell, Louis Putterman, Arno Riedl, Sigrid Suetens, Eric van Damme, Eline van der Heijden, Marie-Claire Villeval, and two anonymous referees for valuable comments.
- Issue published online: 26 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 26 SEP 2011
- Received August 1, 2009; Accepted October 8, 2010.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Cooperation and Climate Change: Can Communication Facilitate the Provision of Public Goods in Heterogeneous Settings?, Environmental and Resource Economics, 2015,, , ,
- 2Heterogeneity and cooperation: The role of capability and valuation on public goods provision, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2015, 109, 120,
- 3The Opportunity Costs of Conservation with Deterministic and Probabilistic Degradation Externalities, Environmental and Resource Economics, 2015,, , ,
- 4Under-contribution to generic advertising due to self-interested inequity aversion, European Review of Agricultural Economics, 2014,, , , ,
- 5Enforcement of contribution norms in public good games with heterogeneous populations, Games and Economic Behavior, 2013, 77, 1, 122, ,
- 6Normative conflict and feuds: The limits of self-enforcement, Journal of Public Economics, 2012, 96, 9-10, 797, , ,