Bas Jacobs, Erasmus School of Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Tinbergen Institute, Netspar and CESifo, P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org), URL: http://www.people.few.eur.nl/bjacobs. A. Lans Bovenberg, Tilburg University, CentER, Netspar, CESifo and CEPR, The Netherlands (email@example.com).
Optimal Taxation of Human Capital and the Earnings Function
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Public Economic Theory
Special Issue: Special Issue on Matching, Coalitions, Networks and Behavior
Volume 13, Issue 6, pages 957–971, December 2011
How to Cite
JACOBS, B. and BOVENBERG, A. L. (2011), Optimal Taxation of Human Capital and the Earnings Function. Journal of Public Economic Theory, 13: 957–971. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9779.2011.01527.x
Bas Jacobs gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Dutch Organization for Sciences (NWO Vidi Grant No. 452-07-013, “Skill Formation in Distorted Labor Markets”). Part of this research has been done while Jacobs was visiting scholar at the Center of Economic Studies of the Ludwig-Maximillians-Universität München. Comments and suggestions by seminar participants at the University of Konstanz and the 64th IIPF conference, August 22–25, 2008, Maastricht, the Netherlands, are gratefully acknowledged. We are grateful to two anonymous referees, who provided very useful comments and suggestions for improvement. The usual disclaimer applies.
- Issue published online: 15 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2011
- Received December 14, 2008; Accepted April 6, 2011.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Catalysts for social insurance: education subsidies versus physical capital taxation, International Tax and Public Finance, 2015, 22, 2, 274, ,
- 2Policy Implications of Dynamic Public Finance, Annual Review of Economics, 2015, 7, 1, 147, ,
- 3Second-best income taxation and education policy with endogenous human capital and borrowing constraints, International Tax and Public Finance, 2015,, ,
- 4Health, fairness and taxation, Social Choice and Welfare, 2014, 43, 1, 101,
- 6Optimal Income Taxation and the Labour Market: An Overview, CESifo Economic Studies, 2013, 59, 1, 93, ,
- 7Optimal redistributive tax and education policies in general equilibrium, International Tax and Public Finance, 2013, 20, 2, 312,