Bas Jacobs, Erasmus School of Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Tinbergen Institute, Netspar and CESifo, P.O. Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands (email@example.com), URL: http://www.people.few.eur.nl/bjacobs. A. Lans Bovenberg, Tilburg University, CentER, Netspar, CESifo and CEPR, The Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Optimal Taxation of Human Capital and the Earnings Function
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Public Economic Theory
Special Issue: Special Issue on Matching, Coalitions, Networks and Behavior
Volume 13, Issue 6, pages 957–971, December 2011
How to Cite
JACOBS, B. and BOVENBERG, A. L. (2011), Optimal Taxation of Human Capital and the Earnings Function. Journal of Public Economic Theory, 13: 957–971. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9779.2011.01527.x
Bas Jacobs gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Dutch Organization for Sciences (NWO Vidi Grant No. 452-07-013, “Skill Formation in Distorted Labor Markets”). Part of this research has been done while Jacobs was visiting scholar at the Center of Economic Studies of the Ludwig-Maximillians-Universität München. Comments and suggestions by seminar participants at the University of Konstanz and the 64th IIPF conference, August 22–25, 2008, Maastricht, the Netherlands, are gratefully acknowledged. We are grateful to two anonymous referees, who provided very useful comments and suggestions for improvement. The usual disclaimer applies.
- Issue published online: 15 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2011
- Received December 14, 2008; Accepted April 6, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!