This article has profited greatly from the criticism of George Stigler and Gary Becker. It is based in part on my unpublished dissertation A Study in the Geographic Mobility of Labor (Columbia 1957) which contains a much more detailed description of the statistical procedures employed.
MIGRATION, REAL INCOME AND INFORMATION1
Article first published online: 28 JUL 2006
Journal of Regional Science
Volume 1, Issue 2, pages 43–74, March 1959
How to Cite
Nelson, P. (1959), MIGRATION, REAL INCOME AND INFORMATION. Journal of Regional Science, 1: 43–74. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9787.1959.tb01460.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 28 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!