This paper was produced as part of the Globalization Programme of the ESRC-funded Centre for Economic Performance at the London School of Economics. Financial support under the European Union Research Training grant MRTN-CT-2006-035873 is gratefully acknowledged. I am grateful to the editor (Gilles Duranton), my discussant (Kristian Behrens), and participants at the Journal of Regional Science 50th Anniversary Symposium at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York for helpful comments and suggestions. I am also grateful to a number of co-authors and colleagues for insight, discussion, and comments, including in particular Tony Venables, and also Guy Michaels, Henry Overman, Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, Peter Schott, Daniel Sturm, and Nikolaus Wolf. I bear sole responsibility for the opinions expressed and any errors.
THE EMPIRICS OF NEW ECONOMIC GEOGRAPHY*
Version of Record online: 13 JAN 2010
© 2010, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Regional Science
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 297–311, February 2010
How to Cite
Redding, S. J. (2010), THE EMPIRICS OF NEW ECONOMIC GEOGRAPHY. Journal of Regional Science, 50: 297–311. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9787.2009.00646.x
- Issue online: 3 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 13 JAN 2010
- Received: March 2009; revised: May 2009; accepted: May 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!