We thank two anonymous referees, Giordano Mion, Toshiki Tamai, and Kazuhiro Yamamoto for very helpful comments and suggestions on various earlier drafts. We particularly thank one of the referees for providing exceptionally detailed and helpful comments that allowed us to vastly improve (almost rewrite) the paper. Part of this paper was written while Kristian Behrens was visiting the Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University, Japan; and while Yasuhiro Sato was visiting CORE, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium. We thank these institutions for their hospitality. Kristian Behrens gratefully acknowledges financial support from the European Commission under the Marie Curie Fellowship MEIF-CT-2005-024266 and from UQAM (PAFARC 2007-08). Yasuhiro Sato gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science through Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research ((A)21243023, 21243021, (B)14330004, 21330055 and (S)18103002), and Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists ((B)18730162 and 21730191). The usual disclaimer applies.
MIGRATION, SKILL FORMATION, AND THE WAGE STRUCTURE†
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2010
© 2010, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Regional Science
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 5–30, February 2011
How to Cite
Behrens, K. and Sato, Y. (2011), MIGRATION, SKILL FORMATION, AND THE WAGE STRUCTURE. Journal of Regional Science, 51: 5–30. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9787.2010.00682.x
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2010
- Received: December 2007; revised: January 2009, September 2009; accepted: December 2009.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!