The authors would like to thank the editor, Marlon Boarnet, and three anonymous referees for insightful comments that helped improve the paper. Jeff Lin, Clément Bosquet, and participants at the 2009 Federal Reserve System Applied Microeconomics Annual Research Conference, 49th Annual Meetings of the Southern Regional Science Association, and Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) I Workshop on Urban Economics also offered several useful suggestions. Jonathan Hastings provided excellent research assistance. Gabe's participation in this research was supported, in part, by the Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station, MAFES External Publication 3231. The views and opinions expressed here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the Federal Reserve System, the University of Georgia, or the University of Maine.
PRODUCTIVITY AND THE DENSITY OF HUMAN CAPITAL*
Article first published online: 18 DEC 2011
© 2011, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Regional Science
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 562–586, October 2012
How to Cite
Abel, J. R., Dey, I. and Gabe, T. M. (2012), PRODUCTIVITY AND THE DENSITY OF HUMAN CAPITAL. Journal of Regional Science, 52: 562–586. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9787.2011.00742.x
- Issue published online: 19 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 18 DEC 2011
- Received: June 2010; revised: June 2011; accepted: August 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!