The first author wishes to thank Paolo Foschi and Simone Giannerini (University of Bologna, Italy), as well as Cristian Bianchi, Alberto Ferrante, and Alex Villazon (University of Lugano, Switzerland), for their help in executing the computational problems encountered during the preparation of this paper. We also wish to thank, for useful comments and suggestions, the editor, three anonymous referees, participants to seminars at VU University Amsterdam and the University of Lugano, and to sessions at the 55th Annual North American Meetings of the Regional Science Association International (New York, NY), the 49th European Congress of the Regional Science Association International (Łódź), the ZEW/IAB Workshop on Spatial Dimensions of the Labour Market (Mannheim), the SSES Annual Meeting 2010 (Fribourg), and the 16th International Conference on Panel Data (Amsterdam).
PERSISTENCE OF REGIONAL UNEMPLOYMENT: APPLICATION OF A SPATIAL FILTERING APPROACH TO LOCAL LABOR MARKETS IN GERMANY*
Article first published online: 16 APR 2012
© 2012, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Regional Science
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 300–323, May 2012
How to Cite
Patuelli, R., Schanne, N., Griffith, D. A. and Nijkamp, P. (2012), PERSISTENCE OF REGIONAL UNEMPLOYMENT: APPLICATION OF A SPATIAL FILTERING APPROACH TO LOCAL LABOR MARKETS IN GERMANY. Journal of Regional Science, 52: 300–323. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9787.2012.00759.x
- Issue published online: 19 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 16 APR 2012
- Received: December 2009; revised: November 2011; accepted: November 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!