I thank the co-editor, Steven Brakman, and three anonymous referees. I particularly thank one of the referees for providing exceptionally detailed and critical comments which allowed me to vastly improve the presentation. I also thank Amos Golan, Patricio Aroca, and Raúl Romo Viramontes for their encouragement, suggestions, and advice. Finally, I am grateful to Isidro Soloaga for providing me with most of the data used in the paper. The usual disclaimers apply.
GRAVITY AND SPATIAL STRUCTURE: THE CASE OF INTERSTATE MIGRATION IN MEXICO*
Article first published online: 4 JUL 2012
© 2012, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Regional Science
Volume 52, Issue 5, pages 819–856, December 2012
How to Cite
Peeters, L. (2012), GRAVITY AND SPATIAL STRUCTURE: THE CASE OF INTERSTATE MIGRATION IN MEXICO. Journal of Regional Science, 52: 819–856. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9787.2012.00770.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 4 JUL 2012
- Received: February 2010; revised: March 2012; accepted: April 2012.
This article has been cited by:
- 1The Impact of Economic Freedom and Personal Freedom on Net In-Migration in the U.S.: A State-Level Empirical Analysis, 2000 to 2010, Journal of Labor Research, 2014, 35, 1, 88,
- 2Total state in-migration rates and public policy in the United States: a comparative analysis of the Great Recession and the pre- and post-Great Recession years, Regional Studies, Regional Science, 2014, 1, 1, 102, , ,
- 3The determinants of internal mobility in Italy, 1995-2006, Demographic Research, 2013, 29, 407, ,