Gavin Brown is head of Religious Education at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College, Melbourne, Australia.
“The Evil State of Tepidity”: Mass-Going and Absenteeism in Nineteenth-Century Australian Ecclesiastical Discourse*
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2009
© 2009 The Author. Journal compilation © 2009 Association for the Journal of Religious History
Journal of Religious History
Volume 33, Issue 1, pages 28–48, March 2009
How to Cite
BROWN, G. (2009), “The Evil State of Tepidity”: Mass-Going and Absenteeism in Nineteenth-Century Australian Ecclesiastical Discourse. Journal of Religious History, 33: 28–48. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9809.2009.00745.x
My thanks to Dr Philip Cassell for reading successive drafts of this paper and making valuable comments.
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!