Rhotacization and the ‘Beijing Smooth Operator’: The social meaning of a linguistic variable1
Version of Record online: 8 APR 2008
© The author 2008 Journal compilation © Blackwell Publishing Ltd. 2008
Journal of Sociolinguistics
Volume 12, Issue 2, pages 201–222, April 2008
How to Cite
Zhang, Q. (2008), Rhotacization and the ‘Beijing Smooth Operator’: The social meaning of a linguistic variable. Journal of Sociolinguistics, 12: 201–222. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9841.2008.00362.x
- Issue online: 8 APR 2008
- Version of Record online: 8 APR 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!