This study was made possible by a research grant to K. H. and N. A. from The Bank of Sweden Tercentenary Foundation (grant No. 1999-0383:01). We are greatly indebted to the participants of the study, who without hesitation agreed to go through the 4-hour long and quite demanding test session. We would also like to thank Johan Roos for carrying out the testing and data collection, Katrin Stölten for doing the VOT analyses, our colleagues at the Centre for Research on Bilingualism at Stockholm University as well as the anonymous Language Learning reviewers for their comments on earlier versions of this article, and Thomas Lavelle for correcting and improving our English writing.
Age of Onset and Nativelikeness in a Second Language: Listener Perception Versus Linguistic Scrutiny
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2009
© 2009 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 59, Issue 2, pages 249–306, June 2009
How to Cite
Abrahamsson, N. and Hyltenstam, K. (2009), Age of Onset and Nativelikeness in a Second Language: Listener Perception Versus Linguistic Scrutiny. Language Learning, 59: 249–306. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9922.2009.00507.x
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2009
- Revised version accepted 2 June 2008
Vol. 59, Issue 4, 928, Article first published online: 23 NOV 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!