This research was made possible in part by a grant (410-2003-0153) to the first author from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. The authors wish to thank Phil Nagy, Catherine Mareschal, and the Language Learning reviewers for their helpful comments on earlier versions of this article. Our thanks also go to Parvin Movassat, Frédéric Nault, and the late Julien Coûture for their help. Different components of this research were first presented at the annual meetings of the Canadian Association of Applied Linguistics in London (ON) in May 2005 and the American Association of Applied Linguistics in Costa Mesa, CA in April 2007.
Teaching L2 Learners How to Listen Does Make a Difference: An Empirical Study
Article first published online: 29 JAN 2010
© 2010 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 60, Issue 2, pages 470–497, June 2010
How to Cite
Vandergrift, L. and Tafaghodtari, M. H. (2010), Teaching L2 Learners How to Listen Does Make a Difference: An Empirical Study. Language Learning, 60: 470–497. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9922.2009.00559.x
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 29 JAN 2010
- Revised version accepted 2 January 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!