This study contains some information that has been presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Text and Discourse (2008). This work was supported by funds from the Kansas State University Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. The authors wish to acknowledge the work of Bernardo de la Garza, Patricia Barros, Karlie Mann, Becky Steinert, Breeanna McSpadden, Jamie Travis, and Kristen Geri, who helped in discussion and data collection for the experiment. The authors also wish to thank Randall Engle for providing us with the Automated Operation Span task and Scott Smerchek for programming the experiment. Finally, we wish to thank Yasmin Diaz and Bradley Shaw for help in translating and proofreading our Spanish texts, and the Spanish instructors in the Kansas State University Modern Languages department for encouraging their students to participate in our study.
Effects of Stress and Working Memory Capacity on Foreign Language Readers’ Inferential Processing During Comprehension
Article first published online: 18 AUG 2010
© 2010 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 61, Issue 1, pages 187–218, March 2011
How to Cite
Rai, M. K., Loschky, L. C., Harris, R. J., Peck, N. R. and Cook, L. G. (2011), Effects of Stress and Working Memory Capacity on Foreign Language Readers’ Inferential Processing During Comprehension. Language Learning, 61: 187–218. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9922.2010.00592.x
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 18 AUG 2010
- Revised version accepted 9 September 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!