This study was supported by a Jiede Empirical Research Grant from the Chinese Language Teachers Association. I wish to express my special thanks to Lourdes Ortega. This study would not have been possible without her advice and encouragement throughout the entire study. I also thank Ying-che Li, Tao-chung Yao, the editor Robert DeKeyser, and three anonymous reviewers of Language Learning for their insightful comments on earlier versions of this work. I am very grateful for the students who participated in this research. I am indebted to Pei-Hua Wu, Shu-Ping Wu, Song Jiang, Ying Zhou, Tanny Tang, Karen Huang, Jia-Yin Chen, Meiping Zhu, and Ken Huang for their assistance with data collection. I am solely responsible for all the errors that may remain.
Learning to Express Motion Events in an L2: The Case of Chinese Directional Complements
Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2010
© 2010 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 61, Issue 2, pages 414–454, June 2011
How to Cite
Wu, S.-L. (2011), Learning to Express Motion Events in an L2: The Case of Chinese Directional Complements. Language Learning, 61: 414–454. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9922.2010.00614.x
- Issue online: 11 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2010
- Revised version accepted 9 November 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!