Editor's Note. This systematic review article is a contribution by invitation of the new journal editor, Lourdes Ortega, and was peer reviewed by three experts.
Systematic Review Article
Quantitative Research Methods, Study Quality, and Outcomes: The Case of Interaction Research
Article first published online: 28 MAR 2011
© 2011 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 61, Issue 2, pages 325–366, June 2011
How to Cite
Plonsky, L. and Gass, S. (2011), Quantitative Research Methods, Study Quality, and Outcomes: The Case of Interaction Research. Language Learning, 61: 325–366. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9922.2011.00640.x
This article is based on a plenary delivered at Second Language Research Forum, 2009 (Gass) with the title Oh what a tangled web we weave and on a qualifying research paper by Plonsky (2010). We are grateful to Shawn Loewen for helpful and significant feedback on the qualifying research paper by Plonsky. Our thanks also go to Allison Dovi and Cassandra Shanbaum for their assistance with coding. All errors that remain are our own.
- Issue published online: 11 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 28 MAR 2011
- Revised version accepted 6 January 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!