This research was supported in part by a Language Learning Doctoral Dissertation Grant and a Grant-in-Aid for Research Activity Start-up (21820002) from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology in Japan. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2010 annual conference of the American Association of Applied Linguistics. This article is based on part of the author's doctoral dissertation, which was completed at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto. I am thankful to Merrill Swain, Nina Spada, Alister Cumming, Sharon Lapkin, and Charlene Polio for their continuous support and encouragement during my doctoral study. I also would like to thank the editor, Lourdes Ortega, and the anonymous reviewers of Language Learning for their invaluable comments on earlier versions of this article. My thanks also go to Kyoko Baba, Linda Borer, Manami Suzuki, Adrian Leis, Micheal McManus, and Paul Quinn for commenting on this article. Of course, I alone am responsible for any remaining errors. Finally, my sincere thanks go to the students and teachers for their participation in this study.
Written Languaging, Direct Correction, and Second Language Writing Revision
Article first published online: 3 AUG 2012
© 2012 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 62, Issue 4, pages 1110–1133, December 2012
How to Cite
Suzuki, W. (2012), Written Languaging, Direct Correction, and Second Language Writing Revision. Language Learning, 62: 1110–1133. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9922.2012.00720.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 3 AUG 2012
- Revised version accepted 16 April 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!