This study was funded in part by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. An earlier version of this work was presented at the 2009 annual conference of the American Association for Applied Linguistics in Denver, Colorado. The author thanks Terrance Nearey for his contribution in developing the computer application used in this study, and for his substantial feedback on earlier versions of this work. In addition, Tracey Derwing provided lab resources and assistance collecting the native speaker training stimuli, as well as feedback on earlier drafts. Many thanks are due to the staff of NorQuest College, and the learners who participated in this study. Finally, I am grateful for feedback from three anonymous reviewers.
Improving L2 Listeners’ Perception of English Vowels: A Computer-Mediated Approach
Version of Record online: 9 AUG 2012
© 2012 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 62, Issue 4, pages 1231–1258, December 2012
How to Cite
Thomson, R. I. (2012), Improving L2 Listeners’ Perception of English Vowels: A Computer-Mediated Approach. Language Learning, 62: 1231–1258. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9922.2012.00724.x
- Issue online: 16 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 9 AUG 2012
- Revised version accepted 20 December 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!