This work was supported in part by an External Senior Research Fellowship at the Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies at the University of Freiburg, Germany. For feedback and conversations that have led to much needed refinements and even reframings in my arguments, I am deeply grateful to my Language Learning colleagues, and particularly Alister Cumming, Nick Ellis, Scott Jarvis, Diane Larsen-Freeman, John Schumann, and Richard Young. I also thank Casey Keck and several audiences in recent years at the annual meetings of the American Association for Applied Linguistics and the Second Language Research Forum. I gladly accept responsibility for the shortcomings that remain.
SLA for the 21st Century: Disciplinary Progress, Transdisciplinary Relevance, and the Bi/multilingual Turn
Version of Record online: 13 FEB 2013
© 2013 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 63, Issue Supplement s1, pages 1–24, March 2013
How to Cite
Ortega, L. (2013), SLA for the 21st Century: Disciplinary Progress, Transdisciplinary Relevance, and the Bi/multilingual Turn. Language Learning, 63: 1–24. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9922.2012.00735.x
- Issue online: 13 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 FEB 2013
- Revised version accepted 13 September 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!