HENRY SHUE is the Wyn and William Y. Hutchinson Professor of Ethics & Public Life at Cornell University and the first Director of Cornell's Program on Ethics & Public Life. After studying at Merton College, Oxford, as a Rhodes Scholar, he received his Ph.D. from Princeton in the Interdepartmental Program on Political Philosophy. In 1976 he became a founding member of the Institute for Philosophy and Public Policy, a research center in the Washington area devoted to the examination of the ethical aspects of public affairs. He is the author of Basic Rights (Princeton, 1980).
Subsistence Emissions and Luxury Emissions
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Law & Policy
Volume 15, Issue 1, pages 39–60, January 1993
How to Cite
SHUE, H. (1993), Subsistence Emissions and Luxury Emissions. Law & Policy, 15: 39–60. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9930.1993.tb00093.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!