***MADHAVI SUNDER is an associate at Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton in New York City. She is a graduate of Harvard College (1992) and Stanford Law School (1997).
In a “Fragile Space”: Sexual Harassment and the Construction of Indian Feminism*
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Law & Policy
Volume 18, Issue 2-3, pages 419–442, July 1996
How to Cite
SUNDER, M. (1996), In a “Fragile Space”: Sexual Harassment and the Construction of Indian Feminism. Law & Policy, 18: 419–442. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9930.1996.tb00177.x
*This article is grounded in empirical work I conducted in India as a Benjamin A. Trustman research fellow during 1992 and 1993. I would like to thank Harvard University for providing me with that fellowship opportunity to connect my personal history with scholarly work in the way I have been able to do here. At Stanford Law School, several people have helped me put that work into provocative theoretical frameworks. In particular I would like to thank Janet Halley, Tom Heller, Sophie Pirie, and Margaret Jane Radin for their advice and encouragement. Friends and mentors Rhonda Copelon, Alda Facio, and Leti Volpp also provided valuable assistance with this project. Last, I would like to thank the women I met during my year in India who shared with me their experiences and inspired me with their creativity and courage.
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!