Financial support for the research from the National Science Foundation (grant # SBR-9809204) and the Environmental Protection Agency (grants #R-826155-01-0 and #R-828824-01-0) is gratefully acknowledged, as is access to Census data at the Boston Research Data Center. Valuable comments were received from Alex Pfaff, Suzi Kerr, Amanda Lee, and Maureen Cropper, as well as seminar participants in the AERE Summer Workshop, the NBER Summer Institute, Lehigh University, Center for Economic Studies, the University of California, Berkeley, and a 2003 AERE-ASSA session. We are grateful to the many people in the paper industry who were willing to share their knowledge of the industry with us. Capable research assistance was provided by Bansari Saha, Aleksandra Simic, Nadezhda Baryshnikova, and Melanie Lajoie. The opinions and conclusions expressed are those of the authors and not the Census Bureau, EPA, or NSF. All papers using Census data are screened to ensure that they do not disclose confidential information. Any remaining errors or omissions are those of the authors.
When and Why do Plants Comply? Paper Mills in the 1980s*
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2005
Law & Policy
Volume 27, Issue 2, pages 238–261, April 2005
How to Cite
GRAY, W. B. and SHADBEGIAN, R. J. (2005), When and Why do Plants Comply? Paper Mills in the 1980s. Law & Policy, 27: 238–261. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9930.2005.00199.x
- Issue online: 11 MAR 2005
- Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!