We thank Raymond Paquin and Gopal Raman for valuable research assistance, as well as Lori Snyder Bennear. We also thank Dan Fiorino, Fiona Haines, Andrew Hoffman, Robert Kagan, Jane Nelson, John Ruggie, Colin Scott, participants at the 2006 Law and Society Association annual meeting and the 2003 Greening of Industry Network conference, and our anonymous reviewers for their comments. Research was made possible with support from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Policy, Economics, and Innovation, Grant No. R-83056701, and the Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. This article represents the authors’ views, not necessarily those of the research sponsors.
Constructing the License to Operate: Internal Factors and Their Influence on Corporate Environmental Decisions
Article first published online: 16 JAN 2008
© 2008 The Authors
Law & Policy
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 73–107, January 2008
How to Cite
HOWARD-GRENVILLE, J., NASH, J. and COGLIANESE, C. (2008), Constructing the License to Operate: Internal Factors and Their Influence on Corporate Environmental Decisions. Law & Policy, 30: 73–107. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-9930.2008.00270.x
- Issue published online: 16 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 16 JAN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!