This paper largely emerged from extended discussions with Georges Rey. I am grateful to him for pressing me on the arguments and providing very helpful advice on several drafts. I am also grateful to John O'Leary Hawthorne, Barry Loewer, and Daniel Nolan, for reading and commenting on an earlier draft. Versions of this paper were presented at the University of Brisbane (1994), Wollongong University (1994), Monash University (1994), Johns Hop kins University (1995), Cincinnati University (1995), North Carolina State University (1995) and Rice University (1995). My thanks also to the many people at these talks who provided stimulating discussion.
Swampman Meets Swampcow
Version of Record online: 5 MAY 2007
Mind & Language
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 118–129, March 1996
How to Cite
NEANDER, K. (1996), Swampman Meets Swampcow. Mind & Language, 11: 118–129. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0017.1996.tb00036.x
- Issue online: 5 MAY 2007
- Version of Record online: 5 MAY 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!