I wish to acknowledge my indebtedness to Avner Baz, Alex Byrne, Zeynep Çelik, Michael Cohen, Daniel Dahlstrom, Daniel Dennett, Juliet Floyd, Aaron Garrett, Larry Hardesty, Ruth Millikan, Lisa Mosier, Alva Noë, Eric Schwitzgebel and Jon Winawer for helpful discussions of the enactive account and/or various topics in vision science; to Roland Fleming and Pierre Jacob, for providing detailed comments and suggestions that lead to many significant improvements; and to James Conant and John Haugeland for arranging a visiting scholar position at the University of Chicago in fall 2005 that enabled me to write an early version of this paper. Thanks are also due to the Art Institute of Chicago for providing and granting permission to use the image of Georges Seurat’s A Sunday on La Grande Jatte reproduced in section 5 below.
Vision, Action, and Make-Perceive
Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2008
© 2008 The Author Journal compilation © 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Mind & Language
Volume 23, Issue 4, pages 457–497, September 2008
How to Cite
BRISCOE, R. E. (2008), Vision, Action, and Make-Perceive. Mind & Language, 23: 457–497. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0017.2008.00351.x
- Issue online: 25 AUG 2008
- Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!